I know there are a lot of these posts floating around out there, but I hoped to get some new ideas in a central location.
Since starting a new job, I've had less time and less energy to get dinner on the table, and I'm stuck in a rut, cycling the same meals over and over. So what are some new ideas? What do you prepare when you're short on time and energy?
I thought it might be cool if everyone posted one meal they love that takes less than 15 minutes of hands-on time.
Here's one of mine:
Spicy Seared Pork Chops with Roasted Potatoes and Squash and Broccoli
1. Brine 2-4 bone-in pork chops in 1/4c salt, 1/4c sugar, and 6c of water for 30 minutes.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss cubed squash and potatoes in olive oil, salt, and preferred spices (I use Penzey's Bouquet Garni or granulated garlic). Place in 425 oven while pork chops brine. [Steps 1 and 2 take about 6-8 minutes of hands-on time].
3. Put on water to steam broccoli, and prepare broccoli for steaming.
4. Heat cast iron pan (or grill).
5. Pat dry pork chops. Season with BBQ powder (I use Penzey's BBQ 3000) or a mix of 1T brown sugar, 2t chili powder or ancho chile powder, 2t cumin, 1t salt, 1t pepper, 1t chipotle powder, and 1/4t cayenne.
6. Sear pork on both sides. It usually takes 3 minutes on each side.
7. While pork rests, steam broccoli and take potatoes out of oven.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Updated 1 year ago | 57
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 9 months ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 13
Updated 4 months ago | 11