ny state ch'er here, coming to boston from thursday - monday over memorial day weekend with my wife (allergic to shellfish) and well-behaved kids (10, 6). hot or spicy is out, but the kids eat reasonably well (veggies are ok, they love pork buns and will try most things). i've been to boston a few times, but not in the last six years. i am NOT driving around town, so it's all public transport (and we'll get the week card for the T). i've read through the archives, so hopefully i'm not repeating any previously asked questions.
1) we're going to the museum of science. if we go during the week, we're going to similans. but on sunday, lots of places are closed - so what's tolerable at the riverview cafe in the museum?
2) friday, we're stopping at jasper white's summer shack before the game at fenway. is 4:30 early enough to get out before 545 with no appetizers/dessert, just main meals?
3) we may eat at myers & chang. is it somewhere that is ok for kids if we're there at 5/530 on thursday or saturday, or would it be easier / better to go there for lunch?
4) is 5pm/530 on a sunday ok to eat at ICOB with kids? they have reservations open, and we try to bring our kids to 'adult' places earlier in the evening.
5) we're leaving monday for 5 wits in foxborough. is there any place on the way down there that's good and somewhat quick food? i wish kelly's was on the way there, but it's not, so i'm hoping there's some kind of similar place on the way. if not, we may just go west and hit up kelly's that way. ko would be perfect if only they were open on mondays...
thanks for answering my questions...