I'm not an expert on Peruvian rotisserie chicken, but as far as rotisserie chicken is concerned Pardo's (just opened in the West Village) is fabulous. The claim "The #1 Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken" is well-earned - especially tonight.
My first meal (take-out) at Pardo's:
- Chicken Chicharron Appetizer (comes with side of Inca Corn) - Four substantial chunks of cornmeal crusted tender chicken. Quite good. The crust was light and smooth, not grainy as the cornmeal suggests. Comes with two delicious creamy sauces that I had to try with everything.
- Pardo's Brasa - THE rotisserie chicken. Flavor is incredible, the meat tender- MUST TRY.
- Yuquitas - Yucca fries that come with the two creamy sauces, one tangy, one more mild.
- Inca Corn- The size of the kernals! Probably my least favorite of the meal- a bit too starchy if you have yuquitas with your meal-- which I hope you do.
- Rice - Good basic fluffly white rice to balance the flavor explosion of Pardo's Brasa.
- Canario Beans - A savory stew-style dish, cooked with bacon, garlic, onions- perfect balanced with the rice.
- Flan- Dense, yet refreshing-- the way flan should be.
I shared this meal with another person and it was more than enough. Quite a deal for a meal this good.
by Dan Koday | Unbreakable glasses, plates, and other stylish and shatterproof dinnerware is just what you need for...
by Simone Paget | Coolers have come a long way in the last few decades. Find a stylish cooler that fits your aesthetic...