A better thing for peeling veggies?


Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
Cookware 20

A better thing for peeling veggies?

shallots | Feb 16, 2009 05:08 PM

I've always used the old fashioned straight thing for pealing potatoes, apples, carrots....the one with two blades that can run either way on a carrot. It doesn' t help that I don't know the proper name for what I do use.
Now on Top Chef, I've seen contestants using a different pealer, one that has a curved pealing blade and that sort of looks like half of an eyelash crimper (sorry if that is too old fashioned a reference, but there aren't many things that shape).

Anyway, is the TC thing an improvement, what do you call it, and where do you buy it. (Unless it doesn't work.)

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound