Hello New Orleans Chowhounders! First of all, I'd like to thank y'all for the comprehensiveness of this board. It has been VERY helpful.
We are foodies from Austin who love to eat, drink, and listen to live music. We are hoping to do all of the above during our four nights in New Orleans. We want to have some of that delicious cajun food (gumbo, po boys, etc.) but not for every meal. Austin is severely lacking in good Italian and Spanish food, so any places with that would be nice. We are also serious cocktail drinkers and would like suggestions on the best places for New Orleans specialties -- especially Gin Fizzes and Sazeracs.
We'll be staying uptown, FYI, but we'll have a car and are willing to use it. I would love your feedback and suggestions:
* dinner - not sure where, suggestions? I'm not sure when we are getting in, but it will
probably take us til 9 PM or so to get settled. Anything open late would be helpful
* breakfast - la boulangerie (croissants)
* lunch - shrimp & oyster poboys @ parkside tavern
* dinner - August
* drinks and music - Les Bon Temps
* lunch - galatoires
* dinner - Brightsens ? Cochon?
* drinks & music Maple Leaf Bar OR Tipitinas Uptown
* lunch: mr b's? (bbq shrimp) or Domilise's (poboys) or brunch @ commander's
palace?? or, is there a nice restaurant with great lunch specials that we should try?
* cocktails: Napolean House (FQ) &/or Old Absinthe House
* snack: cafe du monde
* dinner: Mimis (Marigny)
* drinks/music: Preservation Hall
* sunday brunch -- is there anywhere particularly special?
Updated 4 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 32
Updated 3 months ago | 14
Updated 13 days ago | 9