Hi- We'll be visiting SF for the first time from NY (and Latin America) soon, and we want to try the great food there, BUT: a) we're on a budget, so meals should be cheap -maybe one on the pricey side, and not too much; b) we don't know the city at all, so examining this board made me completely dizzy and lost; c) we won't have a car, so places must be in areas were we can get by public transportation. We are good walkers, that want to see the richness of the city without falling for the tourist traps, though I guess we will be at least going by Union Square and such... We'll be staying in Van Ness Avenue, close to Nob Hill.
1) If we are landing on a saturday at noon, is that too late to try and eat at the farmer's market?
2) any good suggestions for breakfast places around where we will be (it's the Broadway Manor Inn, if that helps...)
3) good, unexpected meals in places where we will be likely to be, and very much appreciated if you can say what area they're in
4) places we should definitively go, even if we are not around
6) one place for a more expensive meal, maybe $50 pp
Or guides to older links that might help!
Thanks sooo much!