Thank you all who posted several months back to my request for thin crust pizza around Oak Park. Overall, all of them had too much cheese for my liking. We tried all of them takeout/delivery with sausage, pepperoni, mushroom and sometimes broccoli toppings. (i know its odd, but i love broccoli on pizza) I have tried the following places, best to worst in order:
1. Caponies (on Harlem)- Best overall, fresh cheese, fairly crispy crust. Sausage was well spiced. But, had I not known, I would not have guessed it was made in a wood burning oven.
2. Spizzico - Close second, only due to way too much cheese, especially in the middle, which made the crust a bit soggy. Best tasting cheese overall, decent toppings.
3. Old World Pizza - Loved the generous portioned, spicy pepperoni. Crust was only fair, a bit stale around the edges. Cheese was pretty good, not as tasty as Caponies/Spizzico.
4. La Bella Pasteria - DiGiornos is better. Cheese tasted bland, had an odd texture, similar as to the one time I tried to melt mistakenly purchased low-fat cheese. Toppings were also bland. Crust was awful, stale, hard, totally flavorless.
5. Gepettos - The whole thing was just plain bad. For the first time in my life, ended up throwing away pizza, against my immigrant upbringing of never throwing any food away...Rubbery cheese, cardboard like crust, tasteless toppings.
Thanks again for the recommendations. Will continue to explore and report back.