The GF and I dined at Tuscany at the Mohegan Sun last week. Tasting notes follow:
1) Comp bread w/ white bean & olive spread. Very tasty.
2) Pizza Castagne... flatbread pizza w/ chestnut puree, mozarella, rosemary, prosciutto, thyme, etc. Very generous portion, pretty much a meal for one or real nice split appetizer for 2 or 3. Delicious. Highly recommended. Nice variety of flavors that match well. One of the best parts of the meal. A bit burnt on the edge but this didn't detract. Perhaps was intended.
3) Scallop & Lobster Cartaccio... Good solid ingredients. Well-prepared... not particularly tasty... served just warm (like alot of the meal, not quite warm enough). Nothing not to like here but the dish is quite bland. Can't really recommend it unless you're in the mood for a very delicately seasoned seafood dish.
4) Shrimp Salena? or Sardinia? (messy notes)... 3 large shrimps served on beds of greens. Not distinctly seasoned... served not warm enough... again, okay if you like very bland food. Nice plump shrimp.
5) Grilled Veggie & Goat Cheese Raviolis... My notes read "okay... not exceptional... needs a zestier sauce..." while the GF comments: "okay". Neither of us knocked out by this dish either.
6) Dessert: Maple Mascarpone cheesecake... served with a raisin/cranberry "chutney" type topping. "Luxurious texture... first rate... memorable..." This was first rate cheesecake. A smallish but very filling portion. Enough for two to get a solid tasting w/ coffee. Waiter also highly rec'd the pumpkin creme brulee.
Setting is very nice... we were outside by the promenade and waterfall... why sit inside ? Friendly if perfunctory service.
Summary: one of the nicest settings at this incredible casino. We'd rec this place primarily for: the flatbread pizza, dessert & coffee which would make a nice light meal. Interestingly, even though our notes don't rave about the entrees, this place has "worn well" in our memories so perhaps we were judging the entrees a bit harshly. Don't think you can miss with the pizza and dessert and that way the bill would be very reasonable as well.