As I eluded to in my previous posting, we changed our dinner venue from Judy's Cuisine to Maple Yip after learning that the former hiked up the price for their spotted prawns from $22/lb ( weekdays ) to a whopping $37/lb on the weekend.
We were glad we ended up at MY since the meal we had there was superb with a few really outstanding dishes:
- Sauteed live west coast spotted prawns with Maggi sauce (2.5 lbs ). So tasty, we all sucked the heads and even eat the crunchy shells! Outstanding dish #1
- Fried diced preserved turnips and baby smelts egg pancake omelette.
- Poached and marinated free range chicken with herbed 'fish-sauce'. Very tasty with the chicken taste like actual chicken and the meat non-mushy!!
- Deep fried tofu stuffed with prawn pattie to be individually dipped in premium top soya. Crunchy,piping hot skin and smooth as silk interior! Nice!1
- Another 2.5 pounder. This time steamed Florida 'eastern star' Garoupa with ginger, scallions and premium top soya. Perfectly timed and cooked. Outstanding dish #2
- Braised pork belly with preserved Chinese vegetables ( Mui Choi Kau Yuk ). Ultra tender meat and totally non-greasy. The gravy was so tasty, that alone can help one finish off a couple bowls of rice!! Outstanding dish #3
- Stirred fry beef with Bitter melon. Barely acceptable by my standard. The ladies ordered this for the melon's therapeutic property! I found the melon still a bit too bitter for my liking!
The meal was paired with bottles of 1995 Ramonet Chassagne - Montrachet les Ruchottes.
Total comes to $220 for eight people all inclusive!