We heard so much about Sentro 1771 in Greenbelt 3 - very fascinated by their modern take on traditonal Filipino cuisine. Items on the menu were somewhat hit-and-miss:
- Sinigang na Corned Beef, the much-touted house specialty, was good but really nothing to shout about;
- Tinapang bangus spring roll - another disappointment!
- Crispy pata - please DON'T order this if you so come here. It's cold, hard/chewy and almost inedible!! Nothing crispy at all about it.
- Chicken tinola, on the other hand, was great - simple yet satisfying;
- Bangus & eggplant torta - quite good, with the bangus giving the tortang talong dish a fascinating twist;
- Adobong kangkong - good;
- Garlic rice was tasteless :-(
- Pancit palabok was passable, though a bit on the bland side!
All in all, a pleasant place (it is a beautiful restaurant with great service), but didn't really live up to their overhyped reputation.
Sentro 1771, Greenbelt 3
2/L Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manila