I'm visiting London next week for 5 days for the first time. I'd like suggestions on restaurants that could give me a "wow" and the best London offers that is not available in NYC, as I live in NYC where I'm very satisfied with choices we have here. I don't want to end up in a tourist trap places and would like experts'opinions. I did some research and came up with:
1. Fine Dining at Gordon Ramsay at RHR (How is it compared to say Alain Ducasse or Jean Georges?)
2. Best Afternoon tea, is it still Brown's? Please compared with Claridges, Savoy, Orangery. Has to be excellent food, ambience and posh decor.
3. St. John
4. Need best authentic indian food
5. How's London's dimsum compared to NYC's? I think the best in nYC is Ping on Mott's for the authentic one.
6. Trendy,young places...heard about Nahm, Hakkassan..or others?
7. Need input on best lounge
FYI I'm in mid 20s.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you.