We will be in Lima & Sacred Valley in a few weeks and need a few food and bar recs. I've read the limited threads and know to go to Astrid y Gaston, La Mar & Pescados Capitales. We are staying at the Melia in Lima and Aranwa in Sacred Valley. I do need some advice on the following questions though:
1) Is it worth it to eat at a sushi restaurant in Lima, considering I live in LA (which reportedly has the best sushi outside of Japan)? If so, what is the best place for it? Matsuei, Edo, anything else?
2) What is the best place to have Chinese food in Lima? Again, coming from LA, should I even bother?
3) I have yet to see recommendations in Sacred Valley. I don't know if it's even recommended to leave the resort to have dinner but if so, what are good places? I don't eat meat but do eat seafood.
4) We are doing a day trip from Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu. Is it better to pack a meal or just buy from one of the vendors along the way? I'm a little scared about all the warnings about getting sick from eating the local food.
5) I've heard absolutely nothing about bars in Lima. Any help on this would be great (are there any restaurant lounges that are great to have a drink at?).
by Anna Hecht | If you're looking for ways to save money this summer while still cooking out, these affordable grilling...
by Debbie Wolfe | If you've gone to the trouble of nurturing a vegetable garden, make sure to harvest it so you get...