Hey PDX hounds! Solo LA hound visiting next weekend and would love to get confirmation that I have chosen well. Additionally, I have a few questions:
1) Any particularly GREAT foie dishes I should try? I am partial to seared prep but if it’s amazing, I’m open to anything. Need to get my foie fix when I’m out of state…
2) Is there a specific day of the week I should go to HA & VL?
3) Which location is less insane for Salt & Straw? Don’t want to go to the push cart, and don’t mind going early to the NW location, if they serve ice cream that early!
4) For Saturday brunch, which is better Ned Ludd or Screendoor? What are the must have dishes at both? Or is there a better option?
5) would love to try Ox but is that a good idea for a solo female who is going to be stuffing her face on so many other things?
Here is the itinerary thus far:
Arrive Fri 9:30ish AM –
Head straight to Gaufre Gourmet and take with to Spella for breakfast.
FRI Lunch –
Undecided, might want to sit down at a full service but open to a great cart as well.
FRI Dinner –
SAT “Mini” Breakfast –
Coco Donut and Coava early
* PSU FM (or go after brunch perhaps to feel less rushed?)
SAT Brunch –
Screendoor or Ned Ludd
*one or all or combination of Salt & Straw, Sugar Cube, Pok Pok, Evoe to tide me over til dinner
Biwa (Should I go late for the burger or is it not really worth it?)
HA&VL? or some other place that is great and open 8am or earlier since I have a 10am plane to catch.
So very sorry for the length of the post, I just want to make sure I utilize my stomach space and time to the highest and best use!
Updated 2 years ago | 15
Updated 8 months ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 29