Stopped by El Pelon over the weekend, for a carne asada burrito w/ guac. I saw that they had a new hot sauce on the menu as a side, John Delisles Super Hot. Sure I thought, I like hot sauce... include that too. So the cashier looked up at me, shrugged her shoulders and circled the JD on the order card.
In typically quick fashion I got the burrito and headed out to the car.
First bite... wow this is hot! I must have just bitten into an enormous glop of the JD. Wow. And I don't have a drink. Hmm.
I had turned the car on, planning to drive to the Landmark center after a few bites, but I didn't think I could drive in this state. Car off.
The next 10 minutes was the most excruciating food experience of my life. Rather than stop and let the heat set in, I kept at the buritto, hunting for the cool guac to quench the inferno. Tears were literally streaming down my face. Taking care not to get any of the toxic sauce on my bare skin, I powered through. The fire was constant, there were no breaks.
With about 4 bites of the burrito remaining I exited the vehicle and walked to the nearest trash. After disposing of the evil buritto, I ran to the new thai place next to el pelon and ordered a mocha smoothie (yech, worst smoothie ever). Aaaah but the extinguishing effects far outweighed the icey/plasticy taste.
An hour later whilst perusing the electronics at Best Buy, my tongue was still throbbing. Several hours and half a pack of rolaids later my internal temperature came back down below 120 degrees.
Should anyone want to try this, I urge you to get it on the side.