We are having an Indian dinner for six on Saturday but I have a few questions.
1. What are the dips called they give you at restaurants for pappodum starters? I've tried googling but nothing seems right. One is usually red with onion and the other yoghurt with a green herb.
2. I'm making saag paneer but have yet to find a spice combination I really like. I want it to be spicy and also have some depth. I've perfected making homemade paneer so I really want to get the spices right this time.
3. Is there any way to make naan bread ahead of time and have it hold? I've tried keeping them in the oven but I still think they taste best hot off the grill but that is a little awkward with company.
4. Any suggestions for dessert? I tend to fall back on a cool lime mousse with slices of mango but I'm trying to think of something different.
5. Can you make lassies ahead of time?? How long will they hold.
Thanks for any advice you have.