It is planning time, and I need to throw some suggestions into the pot. Ideally the location has a private room that can accommodate us, but a workable portion of a dining room will work, too. To give you an idea of price and style, here's where things have been the past few years: (Typically they'll arrange with the restaurant for a limited menu where we will have a choice of 3 or 4 items from each portion of the regular menu.)
(1) Lark Creek. The portion of the dining room we had worked well. The place was already on the downward slide, however.
(2) Lalime's. This was a great dinner, but that year we all fit in the little upstairs room. The hosts would return if they thought a portion of the downstairs could be configured in a more conducive arrangement.
(3) Rivoli. Another great dinner, but the seating arrangement was not the best.
(4) Ad Hoc. Another great dinner, but out of the range for this year.
(5) Wood Tavern. I really liked it, but I could tell some others didn't, and the space was awkward for the group.
So there you have it. My initial thoughts are:
(1) Town Hall - they have a private room upstairs, but I don't know if we are too large or too small. (Downstairs is way too noisy)
(3) CP Cafe
Thanks for your input.
6476 Washington St., Yountville, CA 94599
Town Hall Restaurant
342 Howard St., San Francisco, CA 94105
6317 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618
1539 Solano Ave, Berkeley, CA 94707
1329 Gilman, Berkeley, CA 94706