I have an unusual request amongst the more touristy spot recommendations. Not looking for Michelin stars, nor "the best' of everything, but I want to make each of my everyday meal count during an extended trip without spending all my day planning what to eat, trekking across the city every day, or spending 30 euros for lunches, or eating mediocre sandwiches.
I am going to Paris for six weeks on a writing fellowship. I rented a flat a bit north of Marche d'Aligre where I will be working (writing) during the day. This is an enormous privilege that I want to make most of both in terms of writing and eating. While I will be doing some fine dining, most of what I am looking for is inspiring but healthy and affordable everyday food. I have some kitchen space, and I can foresee that some of my meals will be from my morning visits to the markets (d'Aligre and Bastille) but I don't want to spend a lot of time cooking and also want to go out a bit every day (writing at home can be alienating). What gems can you recommend within a mile radius of my flat (Keller/Roquette) that won't break the bank? Particularly looking for things that will be around 10-15 euros and fit in these categories:
1. Full meal salads (with good produce and protein)
2. Healthy "fast" food. I was sad that there is no branch of Cojean around this area
3. Not too greasy non-French options (I prefer to get my fat intake through Bordier butter and patisseries) Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laotian, Korean, Turkish/Kurdish, Japanese preferred. I will occasionally plan to go down to 13th to get my Laotian fix, but anything good nearby?
4. Anything else that is fresh, vegetable heavy, and carb light (again, I will get enough carbs during the day, and want to keep my pant size down and innards working)
5. Take-out places
6. Iconic everyday food that is Parisian (like a slice of cheese pie in NYc). This can be greasy, oh yeah!
Things I already plan on doing: Falafels, Breton crepes, a good jambon beurre (though if you have recommendations on best bakeries for this please pitch in), rotisserie chicken from the market.
Thanks in advance. I will be reporting these and more extraordinary meals during my visit.