Just a quick blurb on Hatfields - had a great meal there last night, been about 5 years since our last visit. Service was spot on and they were so kind to write "happy anniversary" on the dessert plate (I had mentioned it on the open table reservation, no where else).
We did the prix fixe menu tasting (ie one of everything on the prix fixe menu) and supplemented with a few of their other items.
Just a few things to note:
- wow they really do a good pork belly here. The pork belly/mushroom/cuttlefish dish was great.
- scallops were top notch, sweet and scallop-y (for lack of better words)
- the duck and fish, while good, were completely overshadowed by the...
- 48 hour short rib. HOLY DEAR MOTHER OF GOD. Probably the best short rib I've ever had, rich and tender and covered with a delicious shallot sauce.
- creme fraiche cheesecake - I thought I would love the beignets/milkshake more, but the cheesecake may have been the best cheesecake I have ever had. Dense yet light and airy at the same time. Seemingly impossible.
my one critique would be that after 8 plates, it almost felt too rich. Lots of butter/pork belly/sweet breads going on.
2 Prix fixe + 2 supplements + 3 drinks = $235 after tax before tip.
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 40
Updated 6 months ago | 19
Updated 2 months ago | 9