We've been racking our brains but would be very grateful if anyone had ideas for a downtown restaurant that meets the following criteria:
- we are eight people looking for dinner
- must serve good/tasty food
- somewhat new (opened in the last year) or trendy
- needs to be downtown ("central" for uptowners and brooklynites)
- needs to be reasonably informal -- ie, allows for us to move around the table so that no one is stuck in the same seat, talking to the same person
We thought about Vela or 5 Ninth, but there isn't much on the site about either -- I know they're not typical Chowhound attractions, but unfortunately being "trendy" is a requirement (or restriction, depending on your point of view)
Many many thanks in advance.