I'm a native San Franciscan resident hound.
I'll be in Miami and Miami Beach 4 days starting next Friday 4/8 (1 full day, then 3 1/2 days Saturday 4/16-19).
I'll have a car and am willing to drive for chow!
I've been to Miami a couple of times before, but not for chow
(except for a nice lunch at Versailles which I really enjoyed).
I've tried to read as much as I could find pertaining to Greater Miami on the Florida board -- from the last 3 years (at least), especially relevant to what I thought I'd like to find on this trip. The following items are what I thought needed more info for me, or at least more recent updates,
Could you please help me in my quest for the following?
In Items 1 through 4 below, I'd love more authentic traditional dishes/foods. Not looking for fusion or pan-Latino cuisine on this trip. Any price range is fine.
1. Best Puerto Rican
2. Brazilian: All-Around, or Feijoada (the more authentic -- including the "cast-off" cuts -- the better!)
3. Cuban: Special Weekend Brunch, or Special Menu or Feast (any day or time)
4. Your favorite Latino or Hispanic bakeries -- and your favorite items there? First thing in the morning, or any particular time/day (or night) it's awesome?
For Items 5 & 6 below:
I'd especially enjoy experiencing sights and chow that you'd enjoy as a Local -- or a place that you'd share with visitors but not pure tourist fare. (You'd enjoy it even if you weren't taking visitors there!) Preferably casual.
Any of the above cuisines, or anything that's a local or regional specialty, regardless of cuisine:
5. Day Trips or Drives: Up to 6 hours round trip including stops (preferably), and if possible any casual chow stops ?
6. Any chow-worthy events you'd like to share? (4/8 7am to 4/9 9am, or 4/16 11am to 4/19 3pm)
Thanks in advance for your assistance and tips!