I've just moved to the area of Eglinton and Caledonia road, and i'm looking for a bit of guidance. So far, I've discovered the local outpost of Caldense Bakery (fantastic marinated pork tenderloin sandwich and lovely custard tarts), a fabulous place for bread east of us on Eglinton (can't remember the name, but it actually seems to be some sort of sports bar in the evenings), Bologna Pastifico for pasta, and Camarra's for pizza (haven't made it there yet, but i'm looking forward to it). I've also stopped in at a bunch of the places along Eglinton near Oakwood for patties and jerk - great stuff, although i'm not necessarily convinced that Randy's Patties are the best in the city.
I'd love to hear chowhounders' thoughts on other tasty stuff in the neighbourhood. Specifically I'm looking for:
- a good butcher
- a place to buy fresh fruit and veg that's not the local No Frills or Price Chopper
- a place to buy more unusual dry goods (eg. grains like quinoia, millet, etc)
- Chinese delivery (in fact, recs for asian food of any description would be welcome)
- churrasco chicken (there are lots of places, but which one is the best?)
- any other hidden gems that the neighbourhood has to offer