Another statutory holiday, another Dim Sum lunch! This time at Golden Crown Dynasty Cuisine inside Richlane Mall on 9425 Leslie Street. I'm glad to report - another decent find!
We arrived after the rush so the place was only 3/4 full. Because of its ultra high ceiling, this must be one of the most serene and quiet Chinese restaurant in town!
The four of us had the following:
- Supreme crystal shrimp dumplings ( Har Gau ).
- Steamed chicken feet in special house sauce.
- Braised beef tendons
- B-B-Q pork buns
- Egg tofu and cilantro rice noodle ( cheung fun ).
- Crispy shrimp triangle with fruit salad mayo.
- Crispy shredded chicken and taro spring rolls
- Minced meat taro croquettes
- Stewed five spice tripe and beef innards
- Chiu Chow style pigs stomach, ginko nuts, white peppercorn and preserved mustard green stew.
- Salted porks bone and mustard green rice congee.
- Steamed milk custard with ginger essence.
- Papaya and milk pastry puffs.
- Baked egg custard tart
What we ordered barely scratched the surface of a very extensive and varied dim sum menu!!
Every dishes we ordered border on good to excellent with only one disappointment - the chicken feet, which were not tender enough. Stand outs include the Har Gau which was one of the best I've eaten in TO recently ( Reddragon, this should be better than your Kar Lung Court Har Gau fiasco?! Ha! ). Perfectly steamed with thin and intact skin and crunchy shrimp filling. The Chiu Chow pigs stomach/gongko nut stew, which was very peppery and flavourful. The broth was so good!! The flavourful rice congee with its nice texture was very enjoyable. Love those salted porks bone. However, the real stand out were those 'piping hot' egg tarts. Freshly baked, they were simply amazing!
Holiday pricing is $2.50/$3.50/$4.50 and $5.50 for XL
They do have early bird ( 8:00 to 12:00 ) and afternoon tea ( 2:00 to 4:30 ) specials whence all dim sum is $2.30 across the board!
Our bill with food, tax and tips came to $60.00