Thanks, Michelin, for sending me to a 2 star restaurant in Licata.
Warning: on the outside it is just a door! Inside it is warm, spacious and beautiful. There is however no view. There was very nice jazz music in the background.
The waiter spoke some English and very good German (He had lived in Munich two years.) The chef came out to see me 3 times to make sure I was enjoying my meal.
I had the creative menu for 95 Euros (10 courses). Most were raw or lightly cooked fish and shellfish. I am sure you can ask them to cook them longer or try the "Classic menu" at 80 Euros.
I had a bottle of organic wine from Ragusa (Gulfi; 28 Euros)
Bread basket: 7 different kinds of warm bread (I had a loaf with figs, pistachios and almonds and a square piece of a flat bread with onions (a specialty of Palermo.))
1. Mozarella with a base of bread crumbs and tomatoes with fresh herbs.
2. a new dish (not on menu) red snapper with bread crumbs and pistachios on top.
3. a piece of cod on a bed of artichoke puree.
4. octopus in a fennel soup with artichoke chips.
5. raviolo of brocolli pure with a langoustine and lobster sauce.
6. spahetti with a big shrimp in a Jerusalem artichoke cream.
7. white tuna; mashed potatoes
8. mandarine jello
9. cannola with white cheese and pistachios; vanilla-masala ice cream
10. Jewel box of little desserts (mignardises)
Every dish used the freshest ingredients and screamed with flavor.
The total cost with coffee and water was 135 Euros for one.