Former NYC'er returning for a weekend and looking for places to dine outside with friends that is also fun/sceney. Somewhere downtown preferably in Soho/Nolita, West Village, East Village or Meat Packing.
As I am now living in LA, food is not an over-riding concern, as whenever we eat will most likely by 1000x better than the best food in LA.
For guidance, places I liked when living in NYC a few yrs ago were:
- The Park (although never really liked the food)
- Pastis (if you could get a reservation)
- Luca Lounge (in the east village/alphabet city)
- Flea Market in the East Village (although on reflection cannot remember if they actually had outdoor seating)
- Soho Steak
- Although I liked their outdoor space, I never liked the feel of Barolo, Felix or Ciprianis.