" Fu Kee Bao Dim, 21 Milliken Blvd, Scarborough " - May be GTA's BEST 'restaurant quality' frozen Dim Sum outlet?!
I was hesitant as to whether I should keep this hidden gem to myself or post it on the board?! Main reason being the chef/owner and family team is already swarmed up to their eye-brow in super-brisk business! Case in point....my wait today, before entering the store, was a whopping 1hr & 20 mins!
Worth the wait? Well! based on positive feed back from my foodie Brother-in-law, the loooong line and the credential of the business owner ( former chief Dim Sum chef of the famed Cantonese/Dim Sum restaurant - Skyview Fusion, Markham ).... I sure hope so!!
Though frozen, IMO, their products are not cheap..but still cheaper than restaurant dine-in.
For around $70 (tax inc), I bought this following first salvo:
- Minced Pork and Sun Dried Octopus Pattie
- Chicken Feet in Black Bean Sauce.
- Pork Spare Ribs in Black Bean Sauce
- Braised beef Brisket and Turnips in Chui Hau Sauce
- 2 packs of Haw Gow ( limit 3 per customer )
- 1 pack of Pan Fried Pork & Chicken Bao
- 1 pack of ' Foong Shing ' style Shui Gow Dumpling
- 2 packs of Char-Siu-Bao
- 1 pack of Salted egg custard, molten center, Bun
- 1 Pack of Brown Sugar Cantonese Steamed Sponge
Covid19 store hours are 9.00am -5.00pm (Friday to Sunday) Special opening for 65+ seniors on Thursday ( 9.00am -12.00 noon)
Upon arrival, one would need to get a number from the owner's daughter. She would also take down your phone# and give you a call when your turn comes to enter store.
Be prepare to wait at least half an hour so pick a nice day!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Dan Koday | Unbreakable glasses, plates, and other stylish and shatterproof dinnerware is just what you need for...
by Simone Paget | Coolers have come a long way in the last few decades. Find a stylish cooler that fits your aesthetic...