Hi all, I am flying into Boston from Europe for a joint 40th / 80th family b-day party. Planning this remotely is tough but lots of CH info has made it easier.
I started with steakhouses and seafood but slow going so far:
- Grill 23 - was told place is “stuffy” but menu looks good
- Delfriscos - really like waterfront venue, but wet aged beef and mixed reviews
- Abe & Louies - a contender but the private dining room pic looks like an art auction...
- Neptune Oyster – working on the private party / restaurant buy-out angle
- Legal Seafood – was vetoed by a key guest
- Trade – rec’d by a friend but not sure it works for the oldsters
Also thinking Italian for more relaxed party atmosphere. Skimming the boards, Prezza, Gran Gusto and Erbaluce are starting points based on food - although we're happy with either authentic or good Italian American.
Other ideas aren't working: traditional clam bake seems very touristy, and harbour cruise menus look rough.
As it's a very special occasion, I want to really do my homework. Any thoughts or recommendations from CH Boston crew? Would really appreciate it!