16 SuggestionsExpand Map
Hello, 4 of us will be visiting Durham in a few weeks. This'll be my first visit and the priority is to try stuff that Durham/Raleigh does well and NYC does not! Things like BBQ, southern food, biscuits, etc. I read through old posts and have come up with some places. Would love some feedback as well as help in plugging in the holes. We eat everything!
1. Need to decide on a place for southern food. Piedmont in Durham was mentioned but it has closed. Any others that I could check out? I saw some in Raleigh - Second Empire, Stanbury, Mandolin, and Crawford and Sons. Any thoughts about those?
2. For biscuits, I have Rise Southern Biscuits & Righteous Chicken in Durham and Sunrise in Chapel Hill. I've read the latter being discussed a fair amount but not a lot about the former. Opinions?
3. Plan to check out Picnic for BBQ. Also have The Pit, The Pig (Vietnamese pork cheek), Hillsborough BBQ Company and Johnson's Family BBQ on my list but I don't think we'll have the time to do more than 1.
4. What are some of the must haves at Chicken Hut? If it's fried chicken, should I go here or would Dame's Chicken and Waffles be a better choice. Open to other suggestions too!
5. Have some bars and breweries on the agenda: Raleigh: Brewery Bhavana, Durham: Barrel Culture, Hi-Wire brewing, Sam's bottle shop.
Anything else that is a must do for a visitor from NYC? Thank you everyone for your help!
715 W Fire Tower Rd
403 Knightdale Station Run
1305 E Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC
401 Foster St
3928 Western Blvd
2426 Wake Forest Rd
4305 Fayetteville Rd
2822 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd
3808 Western Blvd
3301 S Wilmington St
8680 Glenwood Ave
1647 Cole Mill Rd
900 Park Offices Dr
530 Foster St
110 E Main St
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | It's fall, which means its time to pay tribute to that iconic mascot of the season. As a food, as...
by Pamela Vachon | These healthy fall salad recipes will keep you eating well all autumn, and cast your favorite fall...
by Jen Wheeler | Never underestimate the power of a one pot meal (or one pan, as the case may be). This easy sheet...