Last week I posted asking for advice, and had five responses:
1. Landmarc (looked into it, too trendy for what I have in mind)
2. The Tasting Room (Too small, tight seating)
3. Palma Restaurant (Heard about 2-hour dinner limit, looks like tight seating)
4. Philip Marie (Looks OK, further away than AOC, and AOC looks better?)
5. AOC Bedford (So far, I'm leaning towards calling AOC up tomorrow and trying to get a reservation, this post is a "last hurrah"... Any other suggestions more than welcome!)
Requirements, *that must be met* are:
1. Delicious, fresh, professionally cooked food
2. Comfortable, independent, layed back seating, a feeling of not being "right on top of nearby tables"--basically, table privacy (obviously within limits, I realize this is Manhattan we're talking about here =] )
3. Relaxed pacing, no rush...
4. A place that is conducive to carrying on long/detailed conversations (not to quiet, not to loud)
The dinner will have four people: myself, my father and his friend--plus his wife. This will be a "catching up" dinner, and I'd like everything to go as smoothly as possible, so a restaurant with impeccable service is essential.
I look forward to further suggestions, as I hardly ever eat out
ps... 1st post: [BROKEN LINK REMOVED]