Stopped by on Monday.
Very comfortable space and friendly staff.
about a dozen bar spaces were full at around 7:30.
Tried a few items.
- Sausage and chicken gumbo. an excellent rendition. smoky flavor. quite spicy
- watermelon radish salad (actually watermelon, radish and onion). really fresh and bright tasting
- buttermilk fried pickles. large plate of a variety of veggies. The cucumbers were sweeter, bread and butter style, but the other veggies -- carrots, onions, peppers, seemed like were brined in a different, not sweet brine (and i liked them better). the breading was very light (almost tempura like)
- chicken liver deviled eggs (3 halves) rich tasting. liver was not heavy handed
- fried chicken with bacon mac and cheese and kale. good fried chicken, though the gravy made the chicken crust less crispy. very large portion of mac an cheese. kale was a nice surprise -- very lightly cooked rather than heavily sauteed.
large beer selection, no liquor. i was interested in wine. wine list was inexpensive, but fairly limited. about a 1/2 dozen each red and white, all available by the glass or bottle. glasses range around $7-9.
Interesting menu, though on the heavy side, the kale and watermelon salad were a light, bright and pleasant surprise.
Updated 6 months ago | 0
Updated 21 hours ago | 50
Updated 6 hours ago | 18
Updated 3 days ago | 27
Updated 9 days ago | 26