Its been quite a while since I last dined at Yang's. With a number of my friends and relatives not in the mood to cook dinner tonight, we decided to eat out and pay Yang's a long overdue visit!
The place was packed and bustling at 7 pm. The eight of us took turn in ordering each of our favourite dish. We had:
- One whole free range chicken poached in premium herbed soya sauce.
- Stirred fry sliced veal filet with King mushrooms..
- Sauteed king prawns with salted duck egg yolk 'dusts'.
- Braised pea shoots with chicken 'shang tong' broth and gogi berries
- Stewed tofu with Chinese mushrooms and Bok Choi in sizzling hot-pot.
- Braised egg plants with diced chicken, Chinese anchovies and Szechuen chili peppers
- Fried oysters with a Teriyaki honey sauce.
- Stirred fry oysters with scallions and ginger hot-pot.
Although the restaurant was super-busy, every single one of our dishes was well executed and delicious tasting. The stand outs being the chicken, the stirred fry veal slices, the king prawns and both oyster dishes. The stirred fry veal filet deserved a special mention since the 'wok-hay' essence was phenomenal. Its been a while since I uttered a 'wow' on a dish!
Service overall was a bit slow. This is understandable considering how busy the place was. However, the main thing was the food quality, which was lip smacking good! Won't be surprised if we decide to return next weekend?!
BTW, Total bill inclusive of tax came to around $180.