We spend a lot of time in Spain every year and particularly Barcelona. This year we had a chef coordinate our culinary adventures. You cant go wrong with any of the recommendations below.
1-7 are absolute musts. Also, splurge on the amazing Golden Stoves tour with AborigensBarcelona.com or have them do a tour that is tailored to your interests. These people are chefs and fantastic.
1. Dos Pebrots, Carrer del Dr. Dou, 19, Raval
2. Estimar, Carrer de Sant Antoni dels Sombrerers, 3, Born
3. Gresca, Calle, Provenca, 230
4. Disfrutar, Calle Villarroel 163, l’Eixample
5. Cellar de Can Roca, Girona easy train trip, or use Roman Llort, Limousine Service Press i Car
email@example.com 34 656801150
6. Restaurant Sant Pau, Nou 10, Sant Pol de Mar. 1 hour+ by car
7. Picnic – near Arc de Triomf
8. Sergi de Meià – Carrer d'Aribau, 106
9. Teoric – L’Eixample, Carrer de Bailèn, 117.
10. Servicio Continuo – L’Eixample Diagonal 353. A friendly place for a nice cocktail, not food
11. Extra Bar – If you’re in Gracia looking for tapas. Owned La Pubilla people
12. La Pubilla – We didn’t go here this time because we understand it’s gotten v touristy and rushed. It used to be one of our favorites so we include here.
1. Comaxurros – Sarria. Carrer de Muntaner, 562. Jose Andres says the very best churros in the country. They do a new versions of churros, such as churros filled with brava's potatoes sauce.
2. Pastisseria Lis - Raval. Carrer de la Riera Alta, 19 It’s a must for xuixos!
3. Pastisseria Hoffman– Born. Carrer dels Flassaders, 44 . Worth a visit. 2 minute walk from here is Xocolateria.
4. Sirvent – Make sure you go to the original old one, Carrer del Parlament de Catalunya, 56, Raval and try Orxata (the season goes March-April).
Oh, another thing, just use Uber. Take it from a frequent visitor and from our local friends. There are a million black/yellow taxis everywhere, and some may be friendly and honest, but we couldn't find them. On our last trip in April, we found them to be worse than ever before. They are unfriendly to tourists, will drive you in circles if they think you dont know where you are going, and their cabs are dirty. We're tourists, but we know how to get around so knew when they were ripping us off. Uber drivers were very friendly, more than eager to please, and had CLEAN cars. (btw, we have no connection to Uber.)