My family and I will be spending one full day in the Ormond/Daytona/New Smyrna area. Need fellow chowhounds' input in helping to select dining places for 2 good seafood meals. Have short listed the following:
- Aunt Catfish's On The River, Port Orange
- Betty's AIA Cafe, Ormond Beach
- Billy's Tap Room & Grill, Ormond Beach
- J.B's Fish Camp, New Smyrna
- Boston's Fish House, New Smyrna
We love oysters, fresh prawns and clams, crab cake and grouper. Also, would love to try Florida's famous Rock Shrimps. Recommendations based on real life tasting experience would be greatly appreciated! As long as the food is great, we are willing to sacrifice on ambience and service. Lastly, we have deliberately avoided Daytona since we were told its too ' touristy '