We made a small update today with the goal of providing faster access to the most popular community pages via our "Quick Links" module, which previously lived only on the Chowhound homepage for logged in users. Going forward, it now appears on post pages and your profile pages as well.
When logged in, the "Quick Links" unit contains links to the following locations:
- Your profile page, e.g. "Welcome back, username!"
- Latest Discussions
- Your personalized Community Feed
- Posting Flow via "New Post"
A number of members have requested faster access to creating new posts, so we hope this helps!
We've made a number of smaller tweaks to the post page this year, so we'd love your feedback generally. How useful do you find the following modules?
1. The "Discussion Summary" module that appears above the comments, especially for recipe heavy cases like Dish of the Month discussions, e.g. https://www.chowhound.com/post/ice-cr...
Has this module helped you find new recipes to save? Would you like to see a similar "Discussion Summary" module for restaurant and bars mentioned in the discussion in addition to or instead of a locked map?
2. The "Keep Reading" module in the right hand column that highlights discussions you have visited recently
3. The "Trending Discussions" module that highlights new, highly viewed, and pinned discussions
Thanks as always,
by Jen Wheeler | Knowing how to grill corn on the cob is a necessary summer skill, so with Labor Day fast approaching...
by David Watsky | Wondering what to do with your extra cherries? These sweet and savory cherry recipes should help...
by Miki Kawasaki | Making summer fruit preserves is a great way to capture a taste of the season for later in the year...