Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my cocktail party menu. The party was a huge success! We had about 42 people (including me and the husband) and the party lasted from 6pm until midnight. We had the following menu:
- 5lbs beef tenderloin w/ chimichurri sauce;
- 3lbs cocktail shrimp w/ cocktail sauce;
- sun-dried tomato stuffed mushrooms;
- puff-pastry tartlets with caramelized onions and gruyere (these were made in a mini muffin pan);
- buffalo chicken dip w/ chips and celery;
- smoky eggplant dip, muhamara, and whipped feta dip w/ veggies and chips;
- goat cheese-stuffed peppadews;
- cheese plate w/ four cheeses and crackers;
- bacon-wrapped dates; and
- smoked whitefish dip on cucumber slices.
We made two alcoholic punches and one non-alcoholic punch. Went through seven bottles of wine, a bunch of beer, and all the punches were gone by the end of the night. A very successful party, all things considered. I will probably make a very similar menu for next year's party, though I am considering going to Costco for the tenderloin rather than our local butcher due to cost issues.
by Anna Hecht | It’s easy to beeline right for the peanut butter cups and frozen food at Trader Joe’s (not to mention...
by Daphne Chen | Calling all seafood lovers! Whether or not you observe Lent, you'll want to try these delicious fried...
by Hana Asbrink | Welcome to Chowhound's Table Talk podcast, where Executive Editor Hana Asbrink chats with some of...
by Amy Schulman | In the many decades that journalist and activist Toni Tipton-Martin watched the media cover African...