In a prior message I wrote of a visit to Uncle Frank's yesterday (mistake, it was Monday) with two barbecue-loving friends who work in San Mateo. They carried on without me yesterday (Tuesday) and went to Cliff's. They sent me this report and I hope it's OK to post it. I've been to Cliff's with them before and this agrees with my memory and anyway the three of us usually agree on our barbecue.
We sampled four kinds of pork ribs at Cliff's and here's the report:
- Original Baby Backs - Best meat, but not much of it. It's Baby for a reason.
- Alabama Smoked Ribs - Best overall, good meat - flavor and amount.
- Country Style Ribs - Most meat on the long traditional bone, but the meat isn't top quality.
- Cajun Style Ribs - Alabama style with a medium hot spice. If you like hot, these will be your favorite.
- Coleslaw remains good, I think the best we've sampled.
- Hush Puppies - Best we've sampled.
- 15 Beans- Very good. [I remember these beans as being the best non-sweetened beans I've had.]
Cliff's Bar-B-Q & Seafood
2177 Bayshore Blvd
Cross Street: Blanken Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94134-2455