I just spent two hours doing my pre-holiday pantry reorganization, and actually didn't have to get rid of much this time. Here is what I threw out:
- Unopened can of Crisco, date undetermined (years, I think)
- Old unopened squeeze bottle of deli mustard (looked too dark to be good, no date)
- A couple of opened cooking/cake icing spray cans
- One bag of brown sugar that had hardened to the texture of concrete
- Some microwave popcorn packages that were past date
- Two unopened cans of Wolfgang Puck soup. I never did try any of them, and they were long past their expiration dates
All in all, not bad when you consider that I last cleaned it out about a year ago.
Does this seem like too much to toss, or are you even worse at keeping tabs on what you have in your pantry than I am?