Chowhound Fundraiser at French Laundry in Yountville, Napa Valley, CA
Ive been floating this idea with other chowhounds and theyve been enthusiastic, so now Id like to gauge how many people would be interested in attending this event.
Lunch or Dinner at French Laundry in Yountville, Napa Valley
Here are the tentative particulars
When: a Saturday in June or July, 2003 (TBA).
Time: a lunch seating at Noon and a dinner seating at 6:00 pm
Cost: $350 per person
· $175 fixed price tasting menu
· $50ish wine (estimate pending scrutiny of wine list)
· $35ish tip
· $17ish tax
· remainder is a donation to Chowhound
I expect to have the exact date of the event by the end of January when I will post an official invitation. Once I have confirmed your attendance, you will have 7 days to get your deposit ($150 dollars)to me. We'll use a paypal account. The balance ($200) will be due in
Attendance: Each seating will be limited to 12 people.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds but you are welcome to send a substitute (well can try to help you find a substitute, if necessary).
What you should do now:
If you would be interested in attending, please send me an email at
email@example.com and give me tentative reservation
1) how many people your prefered reservation would be for
2) if you would prefer a lunch or dinner seating
3) if you would or would not want wine with your meal
4) if you would be traveling (flying) to this event
5) your chowname (name you post under)
This is a private, volunteer assisted event. No agency relationship, express or implied exists between any parties and Chowhound, Inc. This is not a Chowhound Inc. sponsored event.
French Laundry on the Web
Funny FL Reservation Saga
Tale of Meeting Ones Hero
FYI - here's a link regarding lodging:
[BROKEN LINK REMOVED]