I am a recently engaged Boston chow to a woman whose family is from Malvern, PA. We need your help finding a good spot to get married on New Year's Eve (2009-2010) that is not too expensive. Here is our situation:
1. We are planning to invite 180-250 people.
2. We would love to have the wedding on New Year's Eve.
3. We are looking to spend around $100 per person for the reception.
4. We care a lot about food.
5. The location can be anywhere in the greater Philadelphia area that is within a 40 minute drive of Malvern.
6. Given the New Year's timing, we don't mind a hotel because our out-of-town guests can easily walk home to their rooms.
7. Proximity to public transportation a plus but not a requirement.
We recently received a suggestion for the Desmond Hotel in Malvern. A couple of old chowhound reviews panned the hotel's restaurant. Have you been there recently?
Thanks for your help!