Has anyone ever seen plain semisweet chocolate chips get (or at least taste) moldy? A quick google search got me nada, but I have a very sensitive sense of smell and taste, and these 3-month-old chips taste very lightly but definitely of mold. Weird. Obviously relevant detail - I live in an apartment in the Mid-Atlantic with no A/C, so the kitchen can and does get pretty warm sometimes.
Still, everything I've read says they "can't" get moldy -- I wonder if something in the production line could have been moldy? There is nothing visibly wrong with them.