There's been a ton of debate on this board about burgers/pizza/tacos, etc. All worthwhile subjects. Aren't we overlooking, though, L.A.'s wealth of fabulous and loyalty inspiring takeout chickens (roast or charbroiled)? Thought I'd invite some debate on the subject with some of my own thoughts on some contenders. Mmmm, chicken . . .
1. Zankou, the odds-on favorite. Always delightful, but some might contend just average chicken with superior garlic accoutrement. Just living on reputation? (Note: we're talking roast chicken here, not chicken schewarma, which clearly rules)
2. Pollos a la Brasa. I love PalB. Very subtle smokey flavor can be accentuated with the super-hot-green-sauce. Also love the chicken-fat soaked fries. Salad is terrible, but, who cares.
3. Dino's Burgers. Perhaps lesser known. Unearthly orange color (paprika?). Tons of salt. Is this superior chicken, or am I just a salt junky, needing a fix? Another great side of fat-soaked fries. Really cheap, even in comparison to the others here.
4. Brentwood Country Market. Another sad joke foisted on unwitting Westsiders?
5. El Pollo Loco. Tremendously serviceable, I think, for something that's available around every corner.
6. Others? The supermarket?
Updated 1 hour ago | 30
Updated 2 days ago | 40
Updated 9 days ago | 89
Updated 4 days ago | 19
Updated 9 days ago | 26