I had a lot of great and very helpful responses to my older thread (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/549909), but now that I *think* I have some direction, I figured it would be best to start a new topic. Long story short, I am going on a trip in a couple of weeks, and want to make a list of places that I could check out in each neighborhood. That way, I can choose a nearby place (hence, by neighborhood) based on what I feel like at the moment. I don't know what sights I will be seeing yet, but it will be pretty impromptu, so I feel that this is the closest I can come to planning an actual agenda.
Do you have any suggestions on the below list? Additions, deletions, or just suggestions on what to get at specific places? Your help is deeply appreciated.
- Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (at Market St) -- Sat, Tues until 2pm
- Churros @ La Parilla (24th)
- Donuts @ Dynamo (24th, b/w york & hampshire)
- El Tonayense trucks
- Taqueria Cancun (Mission, b/w 18th & 19th)
- Poc Chuc (16th, b/w shotwell st & van ness ave) -- Closed Wed
- Carnitas Taco @ Taqueria Guadalajara (3146 24th or 4798 Mission)
- Breakfast @ Pastores
- El Delfin (24th b/w lucky & treat) -- cheap sit down
- Morning Bun @ Tartine
- Yamo Burmese (3406 18th, at mission)
- Deep Dish @ Zackary's
- Peruvian Chicken @ Fonzie's
- Chez Panisse
Golden Gate Park
- Arizmendi (1331 9th Ave)
- Tu Lan (8 6th st, at Stevenson)
- Curry Fried Rice, Imperial Rolls
- Bob's Donuts (1621 Polk)
- Gyro King (25 grove, at larkin)
- Sai Jai Thai (771 O'Farrell, at larkin)
- Roast Pork Bahn Mi @ Saigon Sandwich Shop (560 Larkin, at Eddy st)
- Clam Po Boy @ Brenda's French Soul Food (652 Polk, at Eddy St)
- Larkin Express (425 Larkin)
- Ala Turca (869 Geary, at Larkin)
- Pho @ Turtle Tower (631 Larkin)
- Pieroshki @ Moscow & Tbilisi (5540 Geary, b/w 19th & 20th)
- Pho Garden (2109 Clement, at 22nd)
- Burma Superstar
- All-in-one sandwich @ Giordano Bros (303 Columbus, at Broadway)
- Foccacia @ Liguria Bakery
- Square Slice @ Golden Boy Pizza (542 Green, b/w Bannam & Jasper)
Eva's Hawaiian Cafe
Breakfast @ Pork Store Cafe
Apple Fritters or Buttermilk Bar @ Happy Donut
by Arturo Rojas | A great Cubano depends on great pork, and this Cuban pork recipe is just as perfect on its own as...
by Jen Wheeler | There is absolutely nothing wrong with hummus, guacamole, or even a good store-bought dip (looking...
by Chowhound Editors | Make-ahead Labor Day recipes ensure that you get to enjoy the party along with everyone else—and that...
by Jody Eddy | Labor Day is the holiday that brings the long hot days of summer to a close. Say farewell to the season...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.