I have read so many recommendation on lowering carb content in homemade yogurt. These are a few I have come across and the stated reasoning behind the idea:
1. Use fairlife milk- less carbs to begin with
2. Boil the milk for 20 minutes- breaks down carbs
3. Ferment longer- fermenting process bacteria eat carbs and produce lactic acid/gas
4. Strain off whey- whey has carbs
5. Using half/half or heavy cream- less carbs to start with
I would appreciate any comments, debunking of these myths, any more tips to try.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | Knowing how to grill corn on the cob is a necessary summer skill, so with Labor Day fast approaching...
by David Watsky | Wondering what to do with your extra cherries? These sweet and savory cherry recipes should help...
by Miki Kawasaki | Making summer fruit preserves is a great way to capture a taste of the season for later in the year...