General Discussion


Name this Cantonese rice dish, please


General Discussion 6

Name this Cantonese rice dish, please

Pei | Dec 20, 2006 07:39 PM

It's often served at Cantonese-American places, and sometimes at more traditional places.

It's basically beef and eggs, but drowned in a gooey glutinous (cornstarched?) sauce.

In Chinese it's called something like "slippery eggs and beef mixed rice" (hua dan nio ro huay fan in Mandarin)

Please help! I need to find a recipe for it, but I can't without knowing its name.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound