General Discussion

Candy covered chick peas


General Discussion 2

Candy covered chick peas

mm | Nov 18, 2003 05:41 PM

When I was little (40 years ago) my mother used to buy chick peas/garbanzos that were dipped in the same pastel candy coating that Jordan almonds are. I don't know what these candies were called or where she got them. I have a vague feeling that they might have been Middle-Eastern in origin, or Eastern European.

Does anyone know what they are called, whether they are still made, and where I can find them? Several years ago I tried some of the Lebanese places on Atlantic Avenue, but they didn't know what I was talking about. And they're not at International Market on Ninth.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound