Coffee & Tea 6

What is this black charcoal stick for ? Tea?

HLing | Apr 19, 200701:06 PM

I don't read enough Japanese to understand the description for this package of two sticks of charcoal still in the somewhat irregular shape of a burnt stick but with both ends cut off so it looks like an oversized black chalk stick. It seems from the few Chinese characters in the instruction that it's for eliminating odor in the kitchen, or refrigerator.

Handling the stick leaves my hands black. I remember back in another thread about tea someone mentioned using a carbon stick for the water. I can't imagine it would be something like this, then. My water filter is a solid piece of Carbon, but of course it's encased in a stainless steel casing.

Anyhow, does anyone know what this is, and how it's usually used?

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›
Log In or Sign Up to comment