how much baking powder are you actually supposed to use in this recipe?
try searching for the recipe for billy's vanilla vanilla cupcakes and you'll get two different sets of ingredients and lots of posts on blog about great triumph (amazing texture and taste) and failure (collapsing centers, overflow). the background is that billy appeared on martha's show and stated 2T of baking powder but the recipe as listed on her website currently (oct 2008) states 1T. some follow 1T while others do 2T. i've seen people blog about success with both amounts. i'd rather not experiment too much with this. which measurement is correct?
Billy’s Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes:
* 1 ¾ cups cake flour, not self-rising
* 1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* ¾ teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup whole milk
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract