So, the corona scare has made us rethink our travel plans. Living in Northern Europe our go-to escape in winter time is South East Asia but this year we will be exploring Spain!
We will start off with 4 nights in Barcelona, and then we will have 1 week in Andalusia flying into Seville. Then we will return for our final night in BCN. I've searched the board for tips and so far I've come up with Bar Xapako, Vinitus Madrid-Barcelona, Teoric Taverna, La Pubilla, Sergi de Meia, and Estimar. These are all for Barcelona.
Logistical information Barcelona:
1. I'll be traveling with my girlfriend, and I speak some basic Spanish.
2. I've been to Barcelona numerous times (10+), and usually hang out in L'Eixample. This time we will again be staying here, in hotel Sixtytwo right on Passeig de Gracia.
3. I eat everything - I love seafood but my partner doesn't. Bonus points for eating seasonal produce. What is in season now??
4. I would like to experience the old school traditional Catalan cuisine. Usually I'd hang out in Cerveceria Catalana and Ciudad Condal because I love their fresh seafood, hamburger/frankfurter, and especially their sangria. I also love the chaotic outgoing vibe. This is the reason why I didn't like Paco Meralgo for example. I'm not looking for places like Tickets or Disfrutar because I'd rather go where locals go.
5. I'm open to any price range.
As for Andalusia, we are completely open right now. Are there any destination restaurants we should research? I love steaks for example, so are there places that serve excellent steak? We will most likely be in Seville for a few days so again, if there are any recs please let me know! Thanks!
by Jen Wheeler | It's fall, which means its time to pay tribute to that iconic mascot of the season. As a food, as...
by Pamela Vachon | These healthy fall salad recipes will keep you eating well all autumn, and cast your favorite fall...
by Jen Wheeler | Never underestimate the power of a one pot meal (or one pan, as the case may be). This easy sheet...