Having recently suffered a bout of what can only be called food poisoning, I am trying to figure out which offending item to point the finger at. The most likely candidate is some turkey sausage that I'd eaten maybe eight hours prior to beginning to feel "off" and 12 hours prior to the actual beginning of spectacular vomiting, etcetera.
The thing is, I'd taken the sausage directly from the freezer, thawed it partially in the microwave, then cooked it the rest of the way in a skillet and eaten it promptly. Even if it were to turn out that I didn't cook the sausage to a high enough internal temperature, could the bad bacteria have really survived a month in the freezer? Does anyone know just how hardy modern bugs are?