We're coming to Austin for a football game, and will have 2 dinners, 2 lunches, and 2 breakfasts to try out Austin restaurants. We're staying at the Austin Hilton, and I haven't decided if we'll need a car yet. The recs below came from a summer intern who is in school in Austin - I don't know if she actually knows food - what do you think? Also, the Alumni club will be having a BBQ at Stubbs on Friday night - is that worth a try, or should I eat before I meet up with everyone there? Any other places we shouldn't miss? Nothing fancy, please, as we will be casual (shorts, most likely). Thanks in advance! Go Bucks!
1. Curras Mexican restaurant: What I would order: Enchiladas Curras, tamales, or one of the fish dishes. Margaritas are great.
2. Guraros restaurant: shrimp tacos, shrimp fajitas, chicken tacos with avocados and margaritas.
3. Polvos Mexican Restaurant: fajitas chicken or beef, any soft tacos (try alpastor - its pork and pineapple) and margaritas.
4. Congress Ave Café: This place is a bit more expensive but it has a great variety of food.
5. Hickory Street Grill: cheeseburger, salad bar and it has beers on draft. This place also has a decent brunch on Sundays.
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 7 days ago | 28
Updated 8 days ago | 66
Updated 7 hours ago | 68
Updated 9 days ago | 63