I love arugula, and have figured out that it goes nicely with thinly shredded parmesan, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon. What else do you like in an arugula salad that's meant to be a light meal in itself?
This is what I tried tonight that was really good:
2. Salt & pepper
3. Marianna215's vinaigrette, recommended here (sans the vinegar):
4. White beans from white-bean-and-fennel-soup here:
5. Grape tomatoes, sliced
6. Fennel bulb, chopped/sliced
7. Walnuts, broken, toasted in pan, first dusted with homemade curry powder linked here:
8. Flaked/shredded good parmesan
I put all that in a bag and shook it, then ate everything but the bag. It was really nice. I'll probably never have that confluence of foods in my kitchen again (just kind of threw the salad together with what was here), but this one really worked out.
Updated 4 months ago | 15
Updated 5 days ago | 35
Updated 13 days ago | 197
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 4